The spice of life......no, really.

If you know me you know that I have a fondness for all things food. I like to grow it, cook it, share it, read about it, eat it, and even take pictures of it. After being given a book called "Everything I Ate" by Tucker Shaw (which came from a shelf somewhere in the Xavier bookstore and thankfully made its way into my hands) I was inspired to share a peek into my life not so much through words or candid shots of me with friends rather through the sometimes simple and sometimes elaborate gastronomic goodness that I experience each day. I am a rookie so not every meal makes it on camera but it's a start. Food brings people together. Food keeps culture and family tradition alive. Food is often tangible evidence of human desires and weaknesses. Food tells a story...and this happens to be a "piece" (ha) of mine. Indeed, I am what I eat.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday October 10, 2010

8pm: Tilapia, broccoli, bread, carrots, and rice at the Milroy's with Mrs. Gruber and Rob, too. This was my first time getting to see the almost 4-days old Andrew! He was so precious and chilled in his Moses basket while Maggie slept upstairs and we all ate dinner. I could just feel the energy pulsating through this household with the arrival of baby Andrew and it was an uplifting and joyful presence to be in. Babies are such blessings!
3pm: Starving after I got back from the district seeding meeting...which took all of twenty minutes but was 2 hours worth of driving. Argh. Mixed greens, tomatoes, and mushroom burger on a tortilla with BBQ sauce. Weird. But good...which is more than I can say for the Bengals' football abilities.
10am: Post-run french toast, eggs, and fruit at Mr. G's....my new teacher/coach/Minster friend (everyone who is anyone is from MInster these days...)  Nothing beats fresh raspberries and Sports Center on a Sunday after mass and running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment