The spice of life......no, really.

If you know me you know that I have a fondness for all things food. I like to grow it, cook it, share it, read about it, eat it, and even take pictures of it. After being given a book called "Everything I Ate" by Tucker Shaw (which came from a shelf somewhere in the Xavier bookstore and thankfully made its way into my hands) I was inspired to share a peek into my life not so much through words or candid shots of me with friends rather through the sometimes simple and sometimes elaborate gastronomic goodness that I experience each day. I am a rookie so not every meal makes it on camera but it's a start. Food brings people together. Food keeps culture and family tradition alive. Food is often tangible evidence of human desires and weaknesses. Food tells a story...and this happens to be a "piece" (ha) of mine. Indeed, I am what I eat.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Saturday June 11. 2011

The Thornberry's and the Jahn's at Casa Nueva in Athens, OH after Kaitlin's OU graduation. This place is like organic, local, natural, hippie mexican inspired food. AMAZING. I got the Vegan Scrambler with berry salsa and a fruit bowl
Pineapple/honey juice smoothie on the ride home...while reading The Hunger Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment