The spice of life......no, really.

If you know me you know that I have a fondness for all things food. I like to grow it, cook it, share it, read about it, eat it, and even take pictures of it. After being given a book called "Everything I Ate" by Tucker Shaw (which came from a shelf somewhere in the Xavier bookstore and thankfully made its way into my hands) I was inspired to share a peek into my life not so much through words or candid shots of me with friends rather through the sometimes simple and sometimes elaborate gastronomic goodness that I experience each day. I am a rookie so not every meal makes it on camera but it's a start. Food brings people together. Food keeps culture and family tradition alive. Food is often tangible evidence of human desires and weaknesses. Food tells a story...and this happens to be a "piece" (ha) of mine. Indeed, I am what I eat.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Friday September 3, 2010

6pm: Kroger salad bar creation. Mixed greek salad, pinto beans, banana peppers broccoli salad, black/strawberries, salt and pepper Kettle chips, and an organic nectarine (which I did not eat until halftime of the game.) Sitting the the parking lot talking to Brad about chiro stuff on the phone, right before going to help with concessions at the home football game. Sure beats a hot dog and Snickers (which is what would have been my option if I ate dinner at the game!)

2pm: No I did not eat flowers. Yes I am breaking the rules of my blog. But I had to include a picture of this delivery that arrived at the house today....from Ecuador, with love. :)

12pm: Leftover pizza at home. Watching a brief rain shower out the window. Solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment