The spice of life......no, really.

If you know me you know that I have a fondness for all things food. I like to grow it, cook it, share it, read about it, eat it, and even take pictures of it. After being given a book called "Everything I Ate" by Tucker Shaw (which came from a shelf somewhere in the Xavier bookstore and thankfully made its way into my hands) I was inspired to share a peek into my life not so much through words or candid shots of me with friends rather through the sometimes simple and sometimes elaborate gastronomic goodness that I experience each day. I am a rookie so not every meal makes it on camera but it's a start. Food brings people together. Food keeps culture and family tradition alive. Food is often tangible evidence of human desires and weaknesses. Food tells a story...and this happens to be a "piece" (ha) of mine. Indeed, I am what I eat.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Monday September 20, 2010

7pm: Hahahaha. It makes me laugh just to look at this picture. Allow me to explain...  So I wanted to put a little time and effort into dinner for tonight so I spent upwards of an hour and a half preparing a vegetarian lasagna recipe with whole wheat noodles, zucchini, yellow squash mushrooms and homemade tomato sauce plus tomato-basil garlic bread (and salad for mama and I.) Yum, right? Well everyone thought so except for Stefan, who proceeded to pick out all of the veggies with his fingers and only eat the noodles and bread and anytime he a mushroom or tomato accidentally slipped into a bite he would dramatically exclaim how much he hated those veggies and put it back on h I  his plate. Wow. I guess I have a thing or two to learn about cooking for the teenage picky-eater palate. C'est la vie...

No comments:

Post a Comment